Interior Design is the art of planning and creating indoor spaces to make the best visual and functional use of space. The personal habits, functional needs, and tastes of the client are discussed to make the design and decoration suitable and unique.
The presentation to the client usually includes perspectives, floor plans, elevations, colour charts, photographs of furnishings, and samples of materials for upholstery, curtains, and wall coverings.
This stage will typically include:
- Planning of space, layouts, circulation and configuration of furniture and fittings.
- Selecting samples, sourcing and specifying materials, fabrics, furniture, fittings and colours.
- Providing estimates and project costing.
- Selecting craftsmen and suppliers.
- Supervising the project until its completion.