It was all I had wished for! …It came too late but it felt like a dream come true. I am not sure if my brother realised how important his present was to me.
I recently got reunited with this set after some 12 years without seeing it. It still holds a special meaning. Just as in life, we cannot always have everything we want when we want or need but it’s important to BELIEVE that dreams can be made true and on the way to pursuing them we will grow and learn a lot about ourselves. We just cannot give up!
- 13 of these pencils were hardly used and never sharpened. As I said, they came too late when I was using less colours and more graphite, charcoal and ink pens.
- There were 2 pencils missing in this set and one that was not the original. I was able to retrieve all the originals (I had brought them with me when I came to Ireland in 2002) and the set is now as it was originally.
- I don’t colour that much these days but in the last few years I was able to survive with a set of 12 Faber- Castell pencils and a set of 24 Derwent pencils. I am now the proud owner of some 76 decent colouring pencils 🙂
- The colours I most use are blue, red, yellow, white and black. Mondrian style… But I use them to convey my ideas and differentiate volumes, materials or textures, nothing too exciting…
- I found the original white colour pencil in my sewing box. I guess I don’t use it that much, AH!
- I told you these were useless facts!